Generic Name: risedronate (rih SEH droe nate)
Brand Names: Actonel
Actonel (risedronate sodium tablets) are prescription medications to treat and prevent postmenopausal osteoporosis. Actonel drug belongs to a class of drugs called bisphosphonates that also includes the drugs alendronate (Fosamax) and etidronate (Didronel). Actonel drug is used for the treatment of Paget's disease of bone and in persons with osteoporosis. Actonel tablets of 35 mg should always be taken once a week following doctor's instructions. Buy actonel drug online at a discount rate from Buy Low Drugs.
The most common side effects of actonel drug are headache, joint pain, diarrhea, abdominal pain and nausea. Actonel drugs are available in two types, a 5mg tablet i.e. taken daily and another 10 mg tablet i.e. taken once in a week. Actonel drugs are known to cause problems in the canal between the mouth and the stomach.
A large overdose of Actonel drug can dramatically reduce calcium levels in the blood. You now can easily purchase actonel drug from online drug pharmacies. Buy Low Drugs is an online drug pharmacy where you can buy actonel drug online at a very discount rate. Just place an order of actonel drug online by filling up a form and attaching the prescription with it. Actonel drug will be delivered at your doorstep within 7-14 days.
Buy Low Drugs provides detail information on actonel drug side effects, actonel drug dosage method and actonel drug overdose problem. With the advent of Internet, one can very easily buy actonel drug online at a very discounted rate.
Actonel : Important Information
- Although it is not frequent with Actonel, similar drugs are known to be damaging to the mouth and stomach. As a precaution, do not lie down for at least 30 minutes after taking a dose.
- Take medication in the morning with a full glass of tap water or bottled water at least 30 minutes before eating any food, drinking any liquid (other than water), or taking any other medicines including vitamins, minerals, or other supplements. Do not take this medication with mineral water, juice, or any other beverage since these beverages may decrease the effectiveness of the medication. This timing is very important in getting the maximum amount of medication from each dose. Foods, beverages, and other medications greatly decrease the effect.
- The 35 mg Actonel tablets should only be taken once a week, preferably on the same day each week. Follow your doctor's instructions.
What is Actonel
- Alters the cycle of bone formation and breakdown in the body
- Used to prevent and treat postmenopausal and steroid-caused bone-thinning (osteoporosis) Also used to treat Paget's disease of bone (osteitis deformans)
What to Discuss before Using
- Do not begin treatment without first talking to your doctor if you:
- have a problem swallowing, such as a narrowing of the esophagus
- have esophageal ulcers or esophageal disease
- have stomach ulcers or other stomach problems
- have a condition that causes low levels of calcium in the body
- have a kidney disease
- are unable to stand or sit upright for at least 30 minutes
- You may not be able to take this medication, or you may require a special dosage or monitoring during treatment if you have any of the conditions listed above
- In the FDA pregnancy category C. This means that it is not known whether it will be harmful to an unborn baby. Do not take medication without first talking to your doctor if you are pregnant or could become pregnant during treatment
- It is not known whether medication passes into breast milk. Do not take without first talking to your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby
Actonel Dosage Method
- Take exactly as directed by your doctor. If you do not understand these directions, ask your pharmacist, nurse, or doctor to explain them to you.
- Take in the morning with a full glass of tap water or bottled water at least 30 minutes before eating any food, drinking any liquid (other than water), or taking any other medicines including vitamins, minerals, or other supplements. Do not take with mineral water, juice, or any other beverage since these beverages may decrease the effectiveness of the medication. This timing is very important in getting the maximum amount of medication from each dose. Foods, beverages, and other medications greatly decrease the effect.
- Similar drugs can be very damaging to the mouth and stomach. Therefore, do not lie down for at least 30 minutes after taking a dose.
- Do not crush, chew, or suck the pills. Swallow them whole.
- The 35 mg tablets should only be taken once a week, preferably on the same day each week. Follow your doctor's instructions.
- It is important to maintain adequate amounts of calcium and vitamin D in the diet while taking this medication. Discuss with your doctor appropriate amounts of calcium and vitamin D.
- Store at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
Miss a dose: Problems?
- If you take this medication every day and you miss a dose, skip that dose and take the next regularly scheduled dose the following day. Missing one dose will not make a difference in the treatment.
- If you take this medication once a week and you miss a dose, take the missed dose the next morning. Do not take two tablets on the same day. Then, return to your regular schedule, taking one tablet on the chosen morning of the week.
- Seek emergency medical attention.
- The symptoms of an overdose are unknown, but the following symptoms might be expected: nausea, heartburn, pain in the abdomen, diarrhea, other stomach-related symptoms, muscle cramps, numbness or tingling, uncontrollable facial grimacing, seizures, irritability, and abnormal behavior.
Avoid During Treatment
There are no restrictions on food, beverages, or activity while taking this medication, unless otherwise directed by your doctor.
Actonel Side effects
- Stop taking medication and seek emergency medical attention or contact your doctor immediately if you experience any of the following serious side effects:
- an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of the throat; swelling of the lips, tongue, or face; or hives)
- difficulty or pain when swallowing
- pain or burning under the ribs or in the back
- new or worsening heartburn
- Other, less serious side effects may be more likely to occur. Continue to take medication and talk to your doctor if you experience:
- abdominal discomfort
- stomach upset, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
- muscle or joint soreness or aches
- Side effects other than those listed here may also occur. Talk to your doctor about any side effect that seems unusual or that is especially bothersome.
What other drugs to avoid while undergoing treatment
- Do not take any other medicine, including vitamins, minerals, or other supplements, at the same time as this medication unless otherwise directed by your doctor. Any drug that is taken at the same time can decrease the effects of this medicine.
- Before taking this medication, tell your doctor if you are taking any of the following medicines:
- an antacid
- a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) such as ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil, Nuprin, others), ketoprofen (Orudis KT, Orudis, Oruvail), indomethacin (Indocin, Indocin SR), naproxen (Anaprox, Aleve, Naprosyn), oxaprozin (Daypro), nabumetone (Relafen), piroxicam (Feldene), and others.
- You may not be able to take this medicine, or you may require a special dosage or monitoring during treatment if you are taking any of the medicines listed above.
- Drugs other than those listed here may also interact. Talk to your doctor and pharmacist before taking any prescription or over-the-counter medicines, including herbal products.